Frequently Asked Questions
During the campaign some questions kept popping up over and over again in the comment section. To answer the most frequent ones, we made a FAQ on Discord. A slightly improved copy can be found here. (I have removed the questions that are no longer relevant)
For ease of navigation, the FAQ has been split up in sections.
- Game specs
- Game play
- Characters / Miniatures
- When will the game ship?
March 2023, please see update #55 for more details on why and update #57 on more precise dates.
- How do I change my address?
Addresses have not yet been locked in BackerKit, so you can still change it yourself.
If that fails, email firstname.lastname@example.org (but try it yourself first!)
Addresses will be locked on 16th January
- When will shipping be charged and how much is it?
Cards will be charged on 28th of February.
The shipping rates will be announced early February.
- I want to upgrade to All-in, but I can't remove the Add-ons in the Pledge Manager?!
This is due to the way BackerKit normally works. To have the Add-ons removed and the funds for it released, so you can select the All-in Pledge,
you can contact BackerKit support. Use the "need help?" function whilst on the project page. Several backer have reported fast answers and very helpful staff.
- Will there be a late pledge option in the Pledge Manager?
- When will I receive my email with access to the Pledge Manager?
You should have received the email by now, if not, contact Max or James (@stoneswordgames.com)
- I pledged for the Deluxe box/Deluxe All-In, but the Core Set is shown in my list on BackerKit?
This is due to limitations in BackerKit. Look for the "Senjutsu Battle For Japan - Deluxe Components" entry to confirm that it's the Deluxe version.
- Why is the solo campaign Wind of Change not included in the "All-in Gameplay" pledge?
This is because the Gameplay pledge includes the Core box, and this solo campaign is part of the Deluxe box. You can of course pledge for the All-in Deluxe, but if that is not what you want, there are two options: Pledge the Gameplay All-in and change the included box for the Deluxe one in the post-KS Pledge Manager. Or just add only the Solo Campaign in the Pledge Manager.
- Can I upgrade my All-in Gameplay to include the Deluxe box?
Yes you can. In the post campaign Pledge Manager, you will have the option to upgrade just the box to Deluxe, so you will have all the add-ons, apart from the Ink drop, sleeves and t-shirt. The upgrade will cost £14.
- Will there be a big box to fit all the content?
Yes, it's part of the All-in pledge.
- What is meant by 'The Big Box' in the All-In bundle?
It's a big box that has neat dividers! We won't want to spoil such nice miniatures with a poor packing system so trays will be one of the major focuses for quality in the Senjutsu end product.
- Will the EB ninja be in the all-in? How will the all-in be different for EB backers?
Please see the Early Bird pledge page.
- If I change my Early Bird pledge now (by adding add-ons etc), will I keep my Ninja/Bonus?
Yes, SSG keep track of when you pledged first and this way they know you had the Early Bird version and will make sure you get your Ninja/Bonus.
This also goes for those that signed up before the campaign. SSG knows who you are!
- We came so close to that one Stretch Goal!
Don't worry, the extra money coming in during the Pledge Manager Phase counted towards the total, and all stretch goals were unlocked.
- What if I don't want the ink drop, but I do want the deluxe All-in?
In the Pledge Manager you get the choice to opt in or out of the ink drop, you won't get a discount though. The ink drop will not effect your ability to paint the minis.
- Is may 2022 a realistic shipping date? / Are you expecting to meet the May delivery schedule?
No. This campaign has been way more succesful than anticipated and as a result of this, and other factors, the delivery deadline has moved.
Current estimate is "March 2023". Please see update #55 and update #57 for details.
- Are there any new estimates on shipping yet?
Short answer: yes
Longer answer: Please see this update for more details and/or look at the image at the bottom of the FAQ.
Simply said there are new estimates (as per April 2022) and rates will likely not change too much, but it not 100% final.
- When will my card get charged?
Please see this update for more details.
Any additions from after the KS campaign will be charged in April, shipping will be charged on 28th February 2023.
- How many cards are there?
There are 270 cards in the core, 54 in the ninja add-on, 108 in each double-pack.
- What size are the cards?
All cards are 89 x 63.5 mm
- Sleeves, not just for sweaters.
There are 6x60 sleeves per add-on pack.
1 pack is enough for the core set.
3 packs will be enough for all current and future add-ons (The All-in Deluxe pledge already contains 3 packs)
- As there are now 6 kamae rings in every base/deluxe game, shouldn't the number of players have changed from 1-4 to 1-6?
There are 4 playable characters in the core game box so it is a 1-4 player game. The 6 rings give you colour options for those 4 characters, or can be used with add-ons to expand to 6 players
- What will the game weigh? / Will I need a mobile crane to move the game box?
Weights used for the shipping estimates are: Core: 2.5kg, Deluxe: 3kg, All-In Pledges 8kg+. So yes, that portable crane can come in handy ;)
- What does the Noble Woman do?
The Noble Woman stars in some of Senjutsu's narrative Solo and Co-op adventures and adds a really fun "Escort Game-mode" to the Vs combat.
- Can we link playfields / Will the game boards fit together to create a larger map?
Yes, you can combine the boards to create a larger map.
Characters / Miniatures
- Is the ninja in "The Ghost in the night" the same as the Early Bird Ninja?
Yes, it is the same add-on, please see the Early Bird pledge page.
- Why is there both a ninja and an assassin mini in the game.
Shinobi had many many battlefield roles- these miniatures represent two sides of a very nuanced part of history. Ninja weren't just assassins, they were more often than not used for intelligence gathering, or things like sabotage. Ninja's in those roles would fight if forced to, but would probably go about this in a very different way as someone that was sent out to kill.
- Can I paint the miniatures after they have been ink dropped?
Yes, just make sure to use primer, just like normal, to give the paint something to stick to.
- The swords are upside down!
Well, I too was taught to wear the sword with the sharp edge up, but in history things are a bit more muddled than that. I seems there are different types of swords that would be worn sharp side down. Or it could be preference, or armor type etc. SSG have consulted with cultural experts and they chose to do it this way…. I for one can deal with it. It's up to you if you can.
- 32mm is a bit small, will there be larger miniatures?
There will be 54mm versions available in the Pledge Manager (these will be painter's editions- not gaming pieces as such.)
- Watch it played videos:
- Battle Report #1 James Vs Paul
- Battle Report #2 James Vs Max
- Battle Report #3 Max Vs Paul
- Battle Report #4 Carl Vs Michael Vs Paul
- Battle Report #5 James Vs Paul Vs Mark (Not Bored Gaming)
- Some pictures of the Yojimbo Mini
- V7/V9 beta version of the rules
- V2 final version of the rules
- This is the Discord link, so you can invite friends over: https://discord.gg/cbnJd3uvww
- What is a Star member?
Someone that has helped this new and growing community without any financial motivation and without having been asked to do so. The exact wording/pointing of fingers is up to SSG.
- I have writen a master piece of a Haiku, where will I send my master piece, to join this competition that I shall surely win?
You can post your winning Haiku in the comments under Update #26
- Current Shipping estimates as of April 2022: